CAN YOUR RELATIONSHIP BE SAVED?
- My partner and I are no longer feel like friends.
- I am constantly thinking about how nice it would be to have an affair.
- I am unwilling to accept my partner as (s)he is. If this relationship is to continue, (s)he will have to make some very major changes that (s)he is unwilling to make.
- My partner and I have very little in common anymore.
- My partner and I fight a lot, and I fear that underneath the fighting not much is left.
- My partner and I are just no longer playing for the same team.
- The more time goes by, the more I dislike my partner.
- My respect for my partner is practically all gone.
- There is very little trust left in our relationship.
- My partner has told me at a time other than when we were in the middle of a fight that (s)he would be happier if we split up.
- I would leave this relationship in a heartbeat if I felt confident that I could make it on my own or through the painful transition period of a breakup.
- My partner has an emotional hold on me. I would love to leave but feel too hooked and addicted to the relationship.
- If I could afford it financially I would leave.
- I constantly fear for my partner’s abusive behavior. If it happens again, I’m leaving.
- I should want my relationship to continue or I want to want my relationship to continue, but I can’t say that I do want it to continue.
- My partner told me that (s)he doesn’t love me anymore.
- If I knew I could find another mate, I would leave immediately.
- My most stress-free moments are when my partner and I are separated.
- I feel closer to my partner when we are not together.
- My partner has done something for which I cannot forgive him/her--that was the straw that broke the camel’s back.
- We just have so many differences that it is overwhelming to think we can even begin to address them.
- I am so overwhelmed by my partner and his/her constant demands for love and approval, perfectionism, and/or rigid rules of just how the relationship should be and how each of us should behave within it, that sometimes I just want to give up.
- This relationship has become a constant burden.
- I am having an affair with someone I value much more than my partner. I am unwilling to give up on this other person under any circumstance.
- At this point there is just too much water under the bridge.