BINGE EATING DISORDER GROUP THERAPY For Adults
TUESDAYS @ 12-1:15 PM
Dr. Susan Mendelsohn (Dr. Susie) provides the most comprehensive eating disorder process groups in South Florida as the most powerful adjunct to individual treatment.
Eating Disorder Group Description:
- Process group
- Open group
- Meets weekly on Tuesdays @ 12-1:15 PM
Eating Disorder Group Provides:
- Family atmosphere
- Psycho-educational activities
- Skill-Building tools
- Compulsion-Management tools
- Private/confidential support via Dr. Susie's Facebook ED Support Board 24/7
- Sense of hope, belongingness, optimism and effective communication
- Positive relationship building
- A sense of universality and cohesiveness
- Constructive and appropriate support
- The understanding of the eating disorder
- A sense of breaking free from the compulsions
- Boundary recognition and enforcement
- Self-soothing activities
- Affect management
- Amelioration of cognitive distortions
To become a group therapy client:
- Patient must currently be in treatment with a clinical psychologist who specializes in the treatment of eating disorders.
- Patient must sign a consent to release information from your current therapist to Dr. Susie for continuity of care.
- Patient will see Dr. Susie for a 90-minute consultation to assess readiness for the group process.
- If using insurance, please contact Gerri at 513.304.3790 to verify your mental healthcare insurance benefits.
- Must be committed to weekly group sessions until ready for graduation/discharge.
Dr. Susie provides a customized treatment plan for each of her group members while utilizing a multi-disciplinary treatment team approach. The treatment team includes, but is not limited to, an eating disorder registered dietician OR certified health coach, psychiatrist (if necessary); Internal medicine and family practice physicians and any other specialist the patient may require for his/her specific circumstances are also considered part of the patients treatment team.
"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." - Jim Rohn